Tuesday, April 26, 2011

THANK YOU



For, being there for me, in spite,
of life’s numerous demands.
Thank you for your concern,
for my well-being and sanity.
For, not letting me get lost.
For, being my pillar of strength,
When I needed you the most.

Your comforting presence,
kept me from going insane.
The mere thought of your,
Caring and affectionate heart,
prevented me from freaking out,
due to the uncertainty n pain.

You didn’t let me drown,
wouldn’t let me fall.
You helped me think positive,
Be brave and strong.
Because of your support and love,
I held on and withstood it all.

Don’t know what I’d have done,
would have collapsed.
Had it not been for you,
I’d have perished,
given up hope.
I would have surely,
Shrivelled up and died.
Without you by my side,
I wouldn’t have survived.




Lucks  a.k.a  Sulekha

5 comments:

David said...

We all need someone to be our rock in the storm of life and obviously you found that special person. Your words paint a vivid picture of a beautiful bond between yourself and someone you care deeply about. The poem makes me think of Mom, Nana, and Erin. Lovely Post!!!

Savira Gupta said...

It is a gift to have someone that you can turn to, hold on to ..... A beautiful bond the two of you share.

Rimly said...

We are lucky to have someone like that in our lives. Beautiful Outlier. You expressed it so very well

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad....Sounds like he was all that a parent should be.

http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/05/im-feeling-blue.html

sulekkha said...

@David, yes we all do need a rock in our turbulent lives. Thanks for appreciating my poem.

@YogaSavy, Life brings so many things in our lives..some good, some excellent and some priceless ones like a true friend. Thanks..

@Rimly, thank you and we do have all the luck in the world.

@Jim, thank you for the beautiful compliment.